Wednesday, February 27, 2019

I like 2019-#6



I like Winter bulb blooms

My sister in law gave me a Winter
bulb for Christmas, but I did not
plant it immediately. 

I
I planted it a few weeks ago and it
has begun to bloom. There are 5 more
flowers waiting to open up.


I like my new car

It took me months of research and
days of visiting car sale sites, but I 
finally found my car

My last couple of cars have been red,
but this Rav4 is more purple.
It is a dream to drive. I still
need to figure out all the buttons
and devices it has on the dash.


I like "new to me" fabric

A friends Mother passed away a
few months ago and she cleaned out
her fabric stash. Her Mom was a
maker of beautiful quilts.

My quilt group is going to go crazy
with all the boxes of fabric!
I took some of the red and blue fabrics
Everything else will be up for grabs...


I like the first signs of Spring

I noticed the bulbs in our front flower
bed are beginning to peak through the
mud and snow.

I have tulips, Iris,
and daffodils.
I am ready for Spring!


For more fun "I Like" posts, go over to




7 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Suzanne! Amen to the bulbs peeking out of the snow and mud. Come on Spring - we are more than ready to welcome you in. Ooh, all those boxes of fabrics. I am 100% sure that your friend's mother would be thrilled that it is going to a good quilters home, instead of the unknown. {{Hugs}} to your friend for her loss. ~smile~ Roseanne

Judy D in WA said...

I am so ready for spring and all the pretties that come with it. One of these days I'm going to have a pot of bulbs in the house. I always forget. :)
I'm glad you friend shared her mom's fabric. I hope my family does the same with mine.

PaintedThread said...

Oh, such nice signs of spring! Yay for a new car, especially if it's fun to drive. Have fun figuring out all the buttons. :-)

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful flower. Nice new car. Free fabric is always fun. The quilter would be happy that her fabrics are finding good new homes. The spring bulbs are under piles of frozen stuff here in the cold northeast and they and I are dreaming of spring. I am enjoying visiting other places in my Thursday into Friday reading ... :) Pat

Jean said...

Congrats on the new car! Very pretty color. I'm ready for spring as well and am happy to see you have some signs it's arriving soon. Happy Friday!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Whooo-hooo to signs of Spring and free fabric!

LA Paylor said...

squealing over free fabric and supplies! What a rush it is to see free supplies show up, the ladies will be happy. That amaryllis is gorgeous, and 5 blooms! Lucky you! I really like the shape and color of your new drive... so sophisticated. New buttons to learn, yikes
LeeAnna late to the party!