Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Dad

I stole/borrowed this photo from my Sister-in-law's facebook page. She posted some great photos of my parents this week. We, my siblings and I, had to make a major decision about my Dad this week. Dad's health has not been too good, but worse, his memory has gone. He knows us and loves us, but he is easily confused now. He'll be moving to an assisted living apartment in the next few weeks
The above photo is of my Dad when we lived in Rossmoor, California in the early 1960's...Rossmoor is just a little ways from Disneyland. My Dad was a great Dad! He was a hard worker, taught us right from wrong and did his best for his family and those around him.
I miss my "old" Dad, but I'm glad we can take care of him now, like he took care of us all these years...I love you, Dad!

2 comments:

Liz said...

And I love my Grandpa!

Dianne B. in England said...

What a lovely tribute to your father! It's a very nice photo, too.