Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Samoa I knew & loved!

I stole this photo from my Brother's Facebook photo album. It's me as a teenager (about 1978) when I was in High School in Pesega, Western Samoa at CCWS. I know, I'm not a happy camperin the photo. I am holding my nephew, Samasoni..isn't he cute! I've been thinking about Samoa the fast couple of weeks since the earthquake & tsunami. As far as I know, all my friends are okay, tho some of them are without any earthly possessions to speak of.
Living is Samoa wasn't always great, but I do miss the simpleness of the culture & lifestyle there. Everything was very laid back & casual & unhurried. The people were very friendly & accepting, excepting most thought I was too skinny & tried to feed me constantly(...yeah, that wouldn't happen now!)
I need to get back to that feeling in my sewing & family & life......

No comments: