Monday, April 28, 2008

Vintage Quilt-Row Three completed

I finished the third row of the Syracuse (Utah) Guilds 2008 row quilt. We began in February with the Hearts and 9-patches, which I had done before. March was 3-D Pinwheels, which was a new block for me to do. This month was the appliqued umbrellas. I have always appliqued by hand, but decided to do the 12 blocks on the machine. This has been a learning experience for me. I use to piece all the time time, but I have been concentrating the last couple years on appliqued landscape and pictorial quilts. You are never too old to learn a new block or technique!

3 comments:

Edward and Marian said...

Beautiful! The pinwheels are my favorite.

Vivian Love said...

Cute quilt! I love the pinwheels the most! Have a good weekend!

Vivian Love

Rhonda said...

I love the row quilt. Great job.