Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Everything but quilting

I think I have done everything but quilting today!

I spent 2 hours in the storage room cleaning up/inventoring our food storage. Our Church encourages to have a one year supply of clothing, food, and water on hand for emergencies....disasters, loss of spouse, loss of income, etc. I usually do some canning each Summer to Fall, like jams, salsa, tomatoes, fruits. I don't think we could live on what we have currently for a year. Maybe 5-6 months. I would also be serving very boring meals....lots of tomato based meals or treats (cakes, muffins, brownies). Could I live off of brownies and spaghetti sauce for 6 months? (I think I actually did, back in college!)

Today was also a windfall of postcards. I received mail from Germany(2), Malaysia, Maine, California & Connecticut. I need to purchase some art/museum cards at a local museum to send out by the end of the week.

Daughter V has not finished her dress for the Prom. Let me see, today is Tuesday and prom in Saturday......oh, she has loads of time. Talked to a friend Jenny yesterday, and she said her mom didn't have her dress done in time, so she sewed Jenny into it about 15 minutes before her date arrived. That's cutting it too close for me!

Happy Earth Day!

3 comments:

Granny said...

Oh, yes, that would be cutting it a bit close but hey . . it's her prom and either she gets the dress done or doesn't go, right? I can't say much because I always work better at the last minute. I'd like to e-mail you. Will you please send me an e-mail so I can e-mail you back? Thanks!

Kaylene said...

That's too funny about the dress! One of my bridesmaids mothers finished her dress the morning of my wedding... I was getting stressed, but decided it wasn't my problem, LOL!

JUST A MOM said...

oh man yeah I do NOT do directions I only play with quilts I sooooo admire you who can do the directions stuff..... a year oh yeh that woud be speggitti O's for sure...