Thursday, April 11, 2019

I Like 2019-#11

I like that other "I Like" posters share

I have learned about great reads and podcasts.

One of my favorites is   


The characters are lovely, along with
their stories, all wrapped up in quilting.
It makes me want to research the
block patterns and recipes they reference.


I like a finished project

My Husband spent his Spring Break 
refinishing some furniture.

This is our new China Cabinet

When I was a teenager, it was my
bedroom dresser.

The second one is a dresser we found
at a thrift store for $10


It is now our family room storage
(movies, exercise equipment, toys)
I need to take a photo with the new
hardware on it...


I like when a plan comes together

I taught a class on variations of the
9-patch quilt block. 


I am not comfortable with teaching
at all....not my thing....but,
it seemed to go well. 

For other great "I Like "posts, 
jump over to Not Afraid of Color  


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the Friendship Album podcast! I am, too! Your refinished cabinets look great - we don't have that skill at our house. :) Glad your 9 patch block classes went well, too!

PaintedThread said...

I still have my childhood dresser. Always lovely to be able to refinish existing furniture. Congrats on teaching a class! For me, the anxiety before the class is worse than the actually teaching of it. Eek!

LA Paylor said...

good for you to share your skills! Teaching is something you get used to, and learn each time what works and what to change. I still use my childhood dresser. I have that book by Frances, to preview, and now it's too late to preview! LeeAnna

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great likes and congrats on a class well taught! You go there! I like the furniture too! Have a great day!

Angie said...

Congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone to teach a class. No one would ever learn anything if people like you didn't step up! Joining you from I Like Thursday.

Jean said...

Your new china cabinet is beautiful! I bet you're a wonderful teacher. Hope you have a great weekend and a very Happy Easter!