Sunday, December 13, 2009

End of my Presidency!

I have served as President of my Syracuse Utah Quilt chapter for the past year. My reign came to an end this month when I passed on the torch to the new leaders for the 2010 year. I have had a great time being President...I had a fantastic committee that pretty well ran the whole group smoothly....I just stood at the front of the room occasionally and said a few words.
At the end of the year we get together as a group for a luncheon...this year we ate at Sizzler Steak house in Layton.....yummy salad bar. We have a gift exchange too. I scored big this year...I picked a cute little purse and in that purse was.... ...these gorgeous hand dyed fat quarters.....aren't they beautiful. I can see all sorts of possibilities in the variegated colors in these pieces. I need to create just the perfect landscape quilt with these beauties!
As out-going President, the ladies each gave me a red fat quarter....can you tell red is my favorite color? I have been working on stash busting some of my red fabric this year, but the ladies just restocked me...thanks, all!

They even included this great pattern with the fabric....can't get the photo to load side to side....sorry! It's from the Feb 2010 American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine (pg 49). It's already at the top of my to-do list.
I did not take on another committee position for 2010. Decided I am ready for a little break...need to do my own thing for a while.


1 comment:

Barb said...

I just love the fabrics.....