Friday, September 25, 2009

Utah Quilt Guild 2009 Fest

Normally, I attend the Utah Fest and take a class or volunteer to sit at the Quilt Show, but this year, I just didn't have the time (or money) to be able too. The Fest is being held thru Saturday in the town of Layton, which is a quick and close drive for me. I decided to go over with my friend, Teri, and just wander thru the show, the vendors and the displays.
Our first stop was the Breast Cancer fund raiser display. Each year the Guild has a pink fabric for sale. You buy a fat quarter (half the money goes to the charity) and make a 12 inch block using the fabric. At the Fest, folks can vote on their favorite block-25 cents a vote-this money goes to the charity too. At the end of Fest, all the blocks are made into quilts that are auctioned off the next year, again for the Charity. Above is my little girl block I made last year that is in quilt #19 to be auctioned off this year.

Our next stop was the Quilt Show. Not very big this year..... I love this landscape quilt...looks like you could just walk right out on the beach. The maker, Joyce E. added wonderful bead work to enhance the waves and beach grass.


I like landscape quilts, so I enjoyed this farm quilt.

This is quilt #40, that I voted for my favorite. It was raw pieced/appliqued and quilted wonderfully! I wish my own skills were at this level....

Next year the Utah Quilt Guild Fest is the first full week of October (2010) in Midway, Utah. I better start saving my pennies for the hotel and classes! Come join us.....




1 comment:

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing with the virtual tour!